We are currently open to applications for the following position:
Income, Marketing and Public Relations Officer
Location: Chapel Court, Chapel Lane, Claremorris Co. Mayo
Hours: 19.5 per week
Main role: to increase the overall development of Claremorris Community Radio by increasing total revenues acquired by the station.
- Researching, identifying, sourcing and applying for funding from State agencies, local authorities, European and Irish grants etc. especially applications for commissioned programming.
- Explore and develop new advertising and sponsorship opportunities. Liaise with existing customers, with groups in conjunction with station staff and members.
- Organise and attend fundraisers, promotions and events.
Marketing and Public Relations:
- Plan, develop and implement Marketing and PR strategies.
- Writing and distributing press releases and devising photo opportunities.
- Maintain social media platforms (Twitter, FB) engaging with social media users.
- Develop contacts and liaise with businesses and community organisations.
- Fostering community relations through organising and attending events such as open days.
- Encourage the recruitment of radio volunteers.
- Help create promotional material, coordinate the fundraising Committee and liaise with the Finance and Budget and S&V committee.
- Exploit our Outside Broadcasting potential with regard to Traded Income and own-brand awareness.
- Undertake to work the non-social hours involved using ‘time-in-lieu’.
- Assist in the effective operation of the station.
- Report to, liaise with and accept direction from Station Manager.
- Observe the conditions of your contract.
While all members of staff have individual job descriptions they are required to collaborate with all other staff. S/he may be expected to work in different locations and to undertake other duties from time to time including occasional weekend work.
Please send your CV and cover letter to:
Allan Tiernan, email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Thursday the 30th September 2021, at 5pm.
This position is funded through Pobal and the Department of Community and Rural Development.
Please note that applicants for the ‘Income, Marketing and Public Relations Officer’ role must currently fall into one of the following categories: Unemployed persons in receipt of jobseekers’ benefit, jobseekers’ assistance or one parent family payment; Persons in receipt of disability allowance (or other disability benefit), invalidity pension or blind persons pension; Travellers in receipt of jobseekers’ benefit or jobseekers’ assistance or one parent family benefit; Stabilised and recovering drug misusers; People employed from Community Employment (CE) and Job Initiatives (JI) schemes are deemed eligible.