Claremorris Community Radio has a vacancy for a part-time temporary IT & Technical Support Officer. The main function of this post is to to ensure the station remains on air/online at all scheduled times.
Main duties include:
- ensuring the station remains on air/online at all scheduled times;
- performing maintenance and upgrades of computers, network and studio equipment, ensuring that all equipment/systems are fully functioning;
- highlighting, reporting and addressing any transmission issues;
- technical support and overseeing of outside broadcasts;
- receiving and following up system alarms and support calls from members and, when reasonable, endeavouring to assist them;
- providing technical assistance and advice to programme makers, presenters and volunteers;
- supporting the development and service of the station’s website, social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram); and
- liaising with and accepting direction from the Station Manager.
The job may include unsociable hours and requires flexibility.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- In depth knowledge of computers and networks usage and maintenance
- Good knowledge of sound and studio equipment
- Excellent organisational and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills including ability to deal with a wide range of needs
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritize own work to meet agreed objectives
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Knowledge of outside broadcast equipment
- Punctuality & reliability
- Proficient in social media
This post is supported by the Department of Rural and Community Development and Pobal through the Community Services Programme.