This Saturday, Claremorris Community Radio will broadcast a special live show, to raise awareness for the project being undertaken by Lorraine Mooney, a local student.
Lorraine will shortly be travelling to Africa, to do voluntary work and needs to raise funds to help cover the cost of the trip.
Join Lorraine, Micheál McLoughlin, Bridie Sheeran and their special guests on Saturday, February 10th, at 11am for this special show. You can text the show at 087 326 2007.
Update: This programme will now be repeated at 11am on Tuesday, February 13th, and at 11am on Saturday, February 17th.
There’s less than a week to go to the 2017 CCR Radiothon, a fundraising event featuring over 24 hours of live radio.
This day of live radio will be launched on Thursday, March 16th, at 6pm with a special 2-hour show, hosted by Dolores Keaveney, which will include interviews with several of the volunteer hosts who will be on-air during the event.
The Radiothon will obviously be in full swing when the St. Patrick’s Day parade takes to the streets of the Claremorris and this event will be covered, via an outside broadcast from Symmetrix Hair Salon in The Square.
Here is the full schedule:
- Thursday, 6-8pm, Dolores Keaveney and guests
- 8-10pm, Live music with Fr. Peter Gannon and friends
- 10pm-midnight, Catherine Lavery and Seamus Ruttledge
- Friday, midnight-2am, Bernard Joyce
- 2-4am, Ollie Mullins
- 4-6am, Pat Lydon
- 6-7am, Dermot Smith
- 7-8am, Early Doors
- 8-10am, Bernard Haywood and Pete Allgood
- 10-11am, Bridie Sheeran with Sean Fitzpatrick, Anni Wilton-Jones and Eamonn Kelly
- 11am-noon, Michael McLoughlin and guests
- Noon-2pm, Mary Malin and Catherine Halligan
- 2-6pm, Outside broadcast from Symmetrix, including coverage of the 2017 St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- 6-8pm, John Nolan and Andrew Newman
- 8-9pm, Closing time
It promises to be a terrific event and a lot of fun too. All volunteers are currently seeking sponsorship for their live programmes, so please do support.