The CCR Sports Roadshow is returning to Claremorris on Friday, October 27th. This boxing special will take place in Hanley’s Sports Bar, Claremorris, from 10.30pm.
Hosts Austin Garvin and Billy Fitzpatrick will be joined on the night by:
- Joe Charles President of Claremorris Boxing Club and a multiple Connacht champion
- Seán Horkan (Castlebar BC), former Irish champion and Team Manager of the most successful Irish team ever – at the Barcelona Olympics
- Pat McDonagh, (Geesala) trainer of Ciara Ginty, world and junior Olympic Champion, and Ailbhe Carabine, a current European Champion
- Stephen Connolly, Registrar of the IABA, who is travelling from Dublin to be with us
- Several local musicians, who will be performing live.
As during the summer, the show will be broadcast live on Facebook and then aired on 94.6 FM the following Monday and Wednesday evenings.
Coming soon to CCR, Sports Files is a 12-part series which focusses on the many sporting groups and organisations around the Claremorris area.
Produced by John Whittle, each 15-minute programme profiles a club, highlighting activities and achievements, and clues listeners in to how they can get involved. From boxing to rugby, golf, ladies GAA, athletics, squash, tennis, swimming and more, there is a sport to suit everyone.
The first episode of Sports Files will be broadcast on Sunday, 21st May 2017 at 2pm and weekly afterwards, for a total of 4 weeks. Shows will be repeated on the following Thursday, starting on 25th May, at 11 am.
This series was funded by the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland with the Television Licence Fee, in the context of the Sound & Vision scheme.