The AGM of Claremorris Community Radio will be held in The D’Alton Inn, Claremorris, on Thursday 9th November 2017 at 8pm and you are invited to attend.
Any current member (of more than six months), is eligible to nominate themself or a fellow member for election to Claremorris Community Radio’s Board of Directors. The Board of Claremorris Community Radio consists of seven members and the elections to the board will take place at the AGM.
Board members should have an interest in the radio and the furtherance of our community-driven agenda. It is also desirable that they have skills which would benefit the board. The role of the board is to ensure that the station is meeting the needs of the community it serves and that it is an open and inclusive organisation.
Nomination forms are available from the station. Should you wish to nominate yourself or a fellow volunteer to sit on the Board of Directors of Claremorris Community Radio, please submit a completed form to the manager at the station not later than 5pm on Tuesday 7th November 2017.
That’s also the deadline for the submission of motions for the AGM.
The CCR Sports Roadshow is returning to Claremorris on Friday, October 27th. This boxing special will take place in Hanley’s Sports Bar, Claremorris, from 10.30pm.
Hosts Austin Garvin and Billy Fitzpatrick will be joined on the night by:
- Joe Charles President of Claremorris Boxing Club and a multiple Connacht champion
- Seán Horkan (Castlebar BC), former Irish champion and Team Manager of the most successful Irish team ever – at the Barcelona Olympics
- Pat McDonagh, (Geesala) trainer of Ciara Ginty, world and junior Olympic Champion, and Ailbhe Carabine, a current European Champion
- Stephen Connolly, Registrar of the IABA, who is travelling from Dublin to be with us
- Several local musicians, who will be performing live.
As during the summer, the show will be broadcast live on Facebook and then aired on 94.6 FM the following Monday and Wednesday evenings.